Friday Five // What to Pack for a Weekend Getaway
Hi gals! Happy Friday! Today I’m sharing with you five of my go-to necessities when it comes to packing/planning for a weekend trip. Last month I had a couple weekend getaways, and I always have plenty planned for the summer, as I’m sure you all do too, so here are some tips when it comes to packing for your trips!
1. Find a weekender bag: I love my Sole Society Weekender Bag. The size is perfect for a weekend getaway- I’m able to pack my outfits, shoes, and beauty necessities so the worry of having too many bags is never there! The bag also comes with a longer strap, so makes carrying it a whole lot easier!
- Comfy shoes: If I were to only give you one tip for what to pack for a short weekend trip-this would be it…always! There have been so many times I have opted for the heels over the flats and every single time I regretted it! Find a pair that can be transitioned from day to night + worn with numerous outfits that way you’re not packing a shoe for each day/outfit change. These Steve Madden lace up flats are pretty versatile for day/night!
- Makeup wipes: Finding a make up wipe that is all in one for weekend trips is a game changer. I can remember countless times where I’ve been ‘too tired’ to get off my hotel bed to wipe my face off with 10 different cleansers….that didn’t even fit in my bag anyways! To save me the energy + packing space, I always pack makeup wipes. Find one that works well with your skin, and you have you nightly routine down to five minutes or less!
- Fun Accessories: I love packing accessories that go with the ‘theme’ of my trips. I would so wear this hat on a beach getaway!
- Reading Material: Being the impatient type (I could never stand long car rides as a kid), I always lean to magazines or good books to help keep my mind sane during those long trips! I also love creating a good playlist to listen to of my favorite songs – especially ones that allow me to zone out and sleep!
Do you guys have any fun weekend trips in the works? It’s Najib’s birthday is today, so though we aren’t going anywhere crazy, we’re going to spend the weekend doing day trips around us in Boston – if you’ve never been to the Boston islands they are really pretty to check out and the perfect place for a picnic!